All schools and Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the EYFS. The early years foundation stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child from birth to 5 years old.
Our goals for providing a quality nursery & preschool service are:
- To provide a high standard of care and education for every child specific to their needs in accordance with ‘The early Years Foundation Stage’.
- Maintain a happy and structured environment in an atmosphere of trust, respect, care and understanding, where learning will be enjoyable and challenging.
- Work in partnership with parents and other providers to give continuity of care.
- To ensure equal opportunities having regard to the DFES ‘Special Educational Needs Code Of Practice’.
- To provide a broad, balanced and relative curriculum to contribute to achieving identified goals.
- To give the children in our care the knowledge, skills and confidence for a full and happy life.
- To encourage a high standard of behaviour leading by example with clear and consistent rules.
- Encourage good health and wellbeing by providing nutritional cooked meals and snacks together with regular exercise.
- To aid children’s learning of the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- To encourage children to become active, confident independent learners who are self-motivated to do their best.
- To provide the opportunity for children to develop social skills and work co-operatively.
- Ensure the physical environment is safe, clean and warm.
- To keep in line with relevant standards and best practice. All staff to attend regular professional training.
- Monitor and reassess practices and policies and where required update to keep in line within Ofsted recommended standards.
- To keep parents well informed of their child’s progress.
If you want to see how we integrate the EYFS and have a look round our great nursery please click on the button below.