All schools and Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the EYFS. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child from birth to 5 years old.
Our goals for providing a quality nursery and preschool service are to:
- Provide a high standard of care and education for every child specific to their needs in accordance with ‘The early Years Foundation Stage’
- Maintain a happy and structured environment in an atmosphere of trust, respect, care and understanding, where learning will be enjoyable and challenging
- Work in partnership with parents and other providers to give continuity of care
- Ensure equal opportunities having regard to the DFES ‘Special Educational Needs Code of Practice’
- Deliver a broad, balanced and relative curriculum to contribute to achieving identified goals.
- Give the children in our care the knowledge, skills and confidence for a full and happy life
- Encourage a high standard of behaviour leading by example with clear and consistent rules
- Encourage good health and wellbeing by providing nutritional cooked meals and snacks, together with regular exercise
- Aid children’s learning of the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Encourage children to become active, confident independent learners who are self-motivated to do their best
- Provide the opportunity for children to develop social skills and work co-operatively.
- Ensure the physical environment is safe, clean and warm
- Keep in line with relevant standards and best practice with all staff to attend regular professional training
- Monitor and reassess practices and policies, and where required update to keep in line within Ofsted recommended standards
- Keep parents well informed of their child’s progress
If you want to see how we integrate the EYFS and have a look round our great nursery, please click on the button below.